Welcome! We're so excited that you're considering Psychology as a concentration or secondary field, and we look forward to working with you to help you decide whether it would fit well with your academic and career interests.
Please see below for...
- Resources for First-Year and Sophomore Pre-Concentrators
- Information for upperclass students transferring in from other concentrations
- Information for students transferring in from other schools and foreign students
You should also check out the Requirements Chart - Here, you can familiarize yourself with the concentration and secondary field requirements. Click on links in the chart for more information regarding the various requirements.
Ready to join the concentration? Talk with the Concentration Advisor assigned to your house for more info, and see our steps for declaring Psychology as your conncentration.
Any student, including first-years and non-concentrators, is welcome to visit the Undergraduate Office for drop-in office hours.
Psychology Drop-In Advising Hours
Office hours will run during the academic semester. Students seeking information over the summer should contact the office at email@example.com.
When considering the concentration, you should be sure to examine the requirements chart, as well as the courses section of our website, which contains more details on the specific courses needed for the concentration and secondary field.
If you are interested in transferring into Psychology from another concentration, you are in the right place!
When considering a switch, please be sure to explore...
- The course requirements for the concentration.
- Advising - after looking through the website, you should speak with the Concentration Advisor in your house. You may meet with an Advisor either to explore the concentration or to complete a the steps to make the concentration change official. These conversations usually last between twenty and forty minutes, and it is best to try not to schedule these too close to the Course Registration Deadline.
- How to change your concentration - see our steps for filling out Psychology's required paperwork and changing your concentration on my.harvard.
If you are already in college in the USA and interested in applying to transfer to Harvard while still an undergraduate, you should consult the website of the Harvard College Admissions Office, particularly its section on transfer admissions. If you have successfully enrolled at Harvard College, please get in contact with the Concentration Advisor for your house, or contact the Undergraduate Office at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options for joining the concentration.
If you are an international student interested in enrolling at Harvard as a first-year, please consult the website of the Harvard College Admissions Office, particularly the section on international applicants.
If you've reviewed the information above and decided to declare a concentration in Psychology, we're delighted to have you! All you need to do is follow the steps below...
- Contact the Psychology Concentration Advisor assigned to your house to express your interest in Psychology, and set up a time to meet.
- Complete a New Concentrator Form and Plan of Study Worksheet. Email these to your Concentration Advisor. Don’t worry if you can't complete all the fields on your own; you can discuss any questions that you have with your Advisor before you finalize these documents.
- Meet with your Concentration Advisor to discuss the concentration and have your Advisor review and approve your documents.
- Complete the Declaration of Concentration process in my.harvard.edu (for more detailed directions, see the Declaration of Concentration Instructions in the my.harvard Knowledge Center). Be sure to choose the correct track within Psychology.
- E-mail email@example.com if you would like to pursue the CNEP or MBB tracks.
Welcome to the concentration!