Welcome! We are happy to encourage you to explore the psychology concentration and secondary field, and look forward to working with you to help you decide whether it would fit well with your academic and career interests.
- Resources for Freshmen and Sophomore Pre-Concentrators
- Information for Upper-class students transferring in from other concentrations
- Information for students transferring in from other schools and foreign students
- Requirements - Review the requirements chart to familiarize yourself with the concentration requirements. Click on underlined links in the chart for more information regarding labs, advanced courses, and track-specific courses. Click on the track names across the top of the chart for more details about the track.
Walk-in Advising Hours
Any student, including Freshmen, may come to walk-in advising hours to learn more about the concentration or secondary field requirements.
*Students seeking information over the summer should contact us at email@example.com.
Psychology Walk-In Advising Hours
Tuesdays and Wednesdays 2-3:45pm
William James Hall room 218
Office Hours Not Held on Tuesday, 4/11
**office hours are not generally held during college recesses
- FAQs about the concentration and FAQs about the Secondary Field
- Concentration Advisers are available to sophomores in each house to answer questions about courses, requirements, sophomore tutorial, and how to declare a concentration.
If you are interested in transferring into psychology from another concentration, you are in the right place!
- Requirements - click on links in the chart for more information regarding labs, advanced courses, and track-specific course
- Advising - after looking through the website, you should speak with the Concentration Adviser in your house. You may meet with an adviser either to explore the concentration or to complete a the steps to make the concentration change official. These conversations usually last between twenty and forty minutes, and it is best to try not to schedule these too close to the Course Registration Deadline.
- Changing your concentration - see our steps for filling out Psychology's required paperwork and changing your concentration on my.harvard.edu
- If you are already in college in the USA and interested in applying to transfer to Harvard while still an undergraduate, you should consult the website of the Harvard College Admissions Office, particularly its section on transfer admissions.
- If you are an international student interested in enrolling at Harvard as a freshman, please consult the website of the Harvard College Admissions Office, particularly the section on international applicants.