Below, we've compiled several of the opportunities Harvard has to offer for undergrads over the summer. Please be aware that there is limited funding to help pay for summer housing at Harvard - so get your applications in soon!
Departmental Research Opportunities - Summer 2020
Many of these deadlines have already passed for Summer 2020, but you can still discuss opportunities one-on-one by reaching out to a Lab Manager! Or, we invite you to examine...
Harvard-Wide Research Opportunities - Summer 2020
- Clinical Research Intern at the Mongan Institute Health Policy Center at MGH: RIs will assist with behavioral intervention trials at the intersection of health psychology, health policy, behavioral health, psycho-oncology, disparities work, and clinical research. This is an approximately 10 hour a week position, with preference for a two semester (Summer and Fall) commitment.
Non-Harvard Research Opportunities - Summer 2020
These include paid grant and fellowship opportunities! Listed in order of application due date.
- Internships at Camp Akeela for Summer 2020: Staff will have the opportunity to work first-hand with children on the autism spectrum and see the practical applications of their studies, while providing an incredible camp experience.
- Psychology Trainees for Judge Baker Children Center at "Camp Baker": Based on the Summer Treatment Program (STP), Camp Baker counselors will provide positive reinforcement, teach social skills, and facilitate problem-solving discussions with campers. All counselors are responsible for recording and entering behavioral data, developing individualized treatment goals and monitoring progress towards goals. Four different positions are available, each with stipends of various amounts.
- Remote Clinical Research Coordinator Intern at Imagen Technologies: The clinical research team is responsible for testing the safety and efficacy of our technology with practicing clinicians. The research coordinator will aid with the recruitment and administration of our large-scale human subject experiments. The expected start date is May 15th, 2020 and the position is for four months.
Funding Opportunities - Summer 2020
Many of these deadlines have already passed for Summer 2020, but you might still be able to find opportunities outside Harvard to fund your research! Ask your Concentration Advisor for advice.
Harvard Summer School - Summer 2020
You can always take courses at the Summer School, but please be aware that only certain courses count for concentration or secondary field credit. See this page to find out more!
Summer 2020 Courses that Counted for Introductory Course Credit ONLY...
- PSY S-1, Introduction to Psychology (Elizabeth Phelps)
Summer 2020 Courses that Counter for Advanced Course Credit ONLY...
- PSY S-930V, Summer Seminar: The Insanity Defense (Ellsworth Lapham Fersch)
- PSY S-1072, The Psychology of Emotional, Behavioral, and Motivational Self-Regulation (Richard McNally)
- PSY S-1240, Abnormal Psychology (Shelley Carson) (This can count ONLY as an Advanced Course, not as a Foundational Course, and will not count for concentration credit if you have already taken PSY 18)
- PSY S-1470, Psychology of Eating (Adam Wenzel)
- PSY S-1503, The Psychology of Close Relationships (Holly Parker) (Cannot be taken if you have already taken PSY 1503 at Harvard College)
- PSY S-1870, Law and Psychology (Ellsworth Lapham Fersch)
In accordance with Harvard College policy, Summer School courses taken online are not eligible for concentration credit. If you are considering taking a course with an "online option", be sure to read these guidelines first.
Please note: The MBB Summer Abroad program in Trento, Italy will not be offered in Summer 2020.
If you're interested in taking any other Summer School courses, check out their catalog here!