Below, we've compiled several of the research and funding opportunities Harvard has to offer for undergrads over the summer. We've also included a few non-Harvard opportunities that Psychology students might be interested in!
Psych Department Research Opportunities - Summer 2021
Harvard Moral Psychology Research Lab - Applications Due February 22, 2021 - Applicable for current undergraduates hoping to work remotely from June 7 - August 13, 2021. Interns will work with graduate students, postdoctoral researchers, and the Principal Investigator Fiery Cushman. Click the link for full details & stipend information!
Harvard-Wide Research Opportunities - Summer 2021
- Summer Program for Undergraduates in Data Science (SPUDS) - Applications Due February 18, 2021, 12 PM EST: This ten-week summer program aims to provide a formative and substantive data science research experience and to promote community, creativity, and scholarship amongst Harvard College students.
- URAF's Residential Research Programs - Applications Due February 18, 2021, 12 PM EST: Whether or not these programs will be in-person in Summer 2021 depends on the university's COVID-19 response plan following the spring semester. Stay tuned to URAF's website to learn more!
- Program in Community-Engaged Research (PCER) - Applications Due March 2, 2021, 12 PM EST: Introduces students to the field of engaged scholarship, which seeks to advance the public purpose of higher education through scholarship that has impact within and beyond the academy through the discovery, integration, application, and communication of knowledge.
Harvard College Research Program (HCRP) - Applications Due April 1, 2021, 12 PM EST: Provides funding in support of student-initiated, independent scholarly research or creative endeavors undertaken with guidance of a Harvard-affiliated faculty mentor.
Non-Harvard Opportunities - Summer 2021
These include paid grant and fellowship opportunities listed in order of application due date.
- Florida International University 2021 Summer Treatment Program Staff Positions - Several positions available at FIU's program that provides treatment tailored to children's individual behavioral and learning difficulties. Positions include Summer Treatment Program Counselor, Research Assistant, and Teacher/Classroom Aide.
- National Student Leadership Conference Psychology and Neuroscience Program at Vanderbilt University - The NSLC is looking for enthusiastic, hard-working individuals who enjoy working with high school students and have experience in psychology to apply for the Team Advisor and Assistant Team Advisor positions. The positions include a stipend per session, travel accomodations, and room and board.
Harvard Summer School - Summer 2021
Harvard Summer School courses for Summer 2021 have yet to be announced. Once they are announced, we'll update this page with a list of summer courses you can take for Psychology concentration or secondary field credit!